About the National Conference: May 17 - 18, 2017
The Adoption Exchange Association (AEA) will host our 2017 National Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada at Caesar's Palace, May 17-18, 2017. AEA will also hold our very first national match event, Breaking Down Barriers to Adoption, on May 19, 2017.
AEA's National Conference is uniquely targeted to serve the needs of professional adoption recruiters, support workers, leaders at private adoption agencies and state, county government. The conference provides an opportunity for those in the adoption profession to network with their peers, collaborate to solve pressing problems, and discuss challenging issues affecting their daily work.
This year's theme is Forward Thinkers in Foster Care Adoption. The workshops and activities will center on innovation and best practices in adoption work. Please join us!
Early-Bird Registration Fee: $400.00
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Regular Registration Fee: $450.00
(AEA Members receive a $100.00 discount off registration)
About the National Match Event: May 19, 2017
AEA's Breaking Down Barriers to Adoption is a groundbreaking national match event providing an rare opportunity for adoption professionals across to the country to share profiles of the waiting children and families with their peers in other states.
We believe that no child's access to a permanent, loving home should be hindered by geographical barriers. However, we know that successfully placing a child requires a unique approach particularly when those placements are across state lines or vast geographical areas.
AEA's National Adoption Match Event is pleased to have the support of a national taskforce of experts in inter-jurisdictional adoptions, mental health, foster care, resource development, adoption matching and child welfare research and evaluation to help plan this exclusive special event. The event will:
- Increase access and knowledge of families for children who are waiting to be adopted - potentially in other states;
- Provide guides, tools, and kits to address common barriers to inter-jurisdictional adoptions;
- Increase networking opportunities between members of the adoption community;
- Broaden the search area available for adoption professionals to match families with available children;
- Address the lack of knowledge around accessing adoption competent therapists;
- Ensure children, regardless of where they live, have the very best opportunity to find a permanent home and a loving family.
Organizational Registration Fee: $100.00
SAVE THE DATE! REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!
(AEA Member Organizations receive a $25.00 discount off registration)
Registration includes admission to the match event for an organization, 2 chairs and one 6' foot long skirted rectangular table to display waiting child/family profiles, program information and materials.
2015 CONFERENCE SPONSORS